- Lakes Entrance, located in the eastern coast of Victoria, proudly showcases its stunning natural beauty with its renowned beaches and lakes ideal for nature enthusiasts.
- Lakes Enterance approximately 320 kilometres east of Melbourne The town is nestled on the edge of one of Australia’s largest lakes known as Lake Victoria
- Lakes Entrance on the edge of Ninety Mile Beach where the Gippsland Lakes meet the ocean.
- fleet of colourful fishing boats, many of which sell the day’s catch from the jetty.
- Stroll around town and you will discover immaculate parks, quaint cafes, top-notch restaurants, and charming shops that will satisfy your shopping appetite.
A Coastal Dining Experience
- To enjoy Dining coastal you cannot go wrong with heading to the Waterwheel Beach Tavern. Here, you can dig into delicious burgers and seafood while you take in the mesmerizing scenery at your leisure.
- Visit excellent wineries with minutes of Lakes Entrance including Wyanga Park Winery
- Enjoy a beer –Lakes Entrance Central Hotel has been establishment on The Esplanade, Lakes Entrance for many years. The Lakes Entrance Central Bistro as it is no known has been welcoming locals and visitors for years. As a family owned-and-operated business and provide something for everyone including fresh, local produce and local seafood when in season.
- Satisfy your appetite at an excellent selection of restaurants, cafes and bakeries – Be sure to check out the Lakes Entrance Bakery Cafe if you’re an early riser, for a perfectly brewed cup of coffee with an array of freshly baked cakes to choose from. And if you’re in the mood for a truly special culinary experience that boasts a unique blend of modern and traditional seafood dishes, then make sure to snag a table at Sardine Eatery + Bar. This restaurant is renowned for its elaborate meals that’ll leave you feeling satisfied in every sense of the word.
It is famous for its numerous waterways that make it a popular destination for fishing, swimming, boating, and other water activities. Here are some of the top attractions and things to do in Lakes Entrance:
- Visit Ninety Mile Beach: This stunning beach stretches for 94 miles, and it’s an excellent spot for swimming, sunbathing, and taking long walks.
- Take a cruise on the Gippsland Lakes: A cruise on the Gippsland Lakes is a great way to explore the waterways and spot the local wildlife.
- Fish for your dinner: Lakes Entrance is renowned for its seafood, and there are plenty of opportunities to catch your fish for dinner.
- Visit Wyanga Park Winery: This winery produces award-winning wines and provides a fantastic tasting experience for visitors
- Explore the Buchan Caves: A short drive from Lakes Entrance, the Buchan Caves are an incredible natural wonder with spectacular cave formations
- The area surrounding Lakes Entrance is rich in Indigenous history, and there are several significant cultural sites worth exploring, including the Krowathunkooloong Keeping Place and the Lake Tyers Cultural Centre. These sites offer insight into the beliefs, traditions, and lifestyle of the Aboriginal people who have lived here for over 20,000 years.
- historical sites worth visiting such as the Griffiths Sea Shell Museum and the Wyanga Park Winery, which offers visitors a chance to experience the town’s rich maritime and agricultural history.
- The town also has several spots where visitors can learn about the fishing industry, which has played a significant role in the town’s development.